Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions ("Agreement") are a binding legal agreement between you and Campanyon, that set forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the campanyon.com website ("Website" or "Service") and any of its related products and services (collectively, "Services").By accessing and using the Website and Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a business or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity to this Agreement, in which case the terms "User", "you" or "your" shall refer to such entity. If you do not have such authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of this Agreement, you must not accept this Agreement and may not access and use the Website and Services. You acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract between you and Campanyon, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by you, and it governs your use of the Website and Services. The Campanyon Platform offers an online venue that enables users to publish, offer, search for, and book camping services. Users who publish and offer services are “Hosts” and users who search for, book, or use services are “Campers”.
1. For campersThe following terms apply only to Users in their role as a Camper:Bookings. This Agreement shall govern any booking made on the Website. Pricing is set by the applicable Host. As a Camper, you acknowledge and agree that you will be responsible for performing the obligations of any agreement you may have with a Host, that Campanyon is not a party to such agreements, and that Campanyon disclaims all liability arising from or related to any such agreements, with the exception of its payment obligations hereunder.In bookings, Campanyon acts as a technology service that facilitates communication. Campanyon takes a small commission from every transaction that takes place on the Website, but the transaction itself is handled by Stripe and their Terms apply. You can read more about Stripe in Section 5 of this Agreement.Cancellations and refunds. If you cancel a reservation, the amount refunded to you is determined by Campanyon's cancellation policy. You can read more about our cancellation policy in our FAQ here.Liability for damages. In the event that a Host provides evidence of damage, including but not limited to photographs, you agree to pay the cost of replacing the damaged items or property with equivalent items.After you've been notified of the claim and given a reasonable time to respond, the payment will be charged to and taken from the credit card on file in your account. If we are unable to charge the credit card on file or otherwise collect payment from you, you agree to remit payment for any damage to the property to the applicable Host, or to Campanyon (if applicable). Both Campers and Hosts agree to cooperate with and assist Campanyon in good faith, and to provide Campanyon with such information and take such actions as may be reasonably requested by Campanyon, in connection with any complaints or claims made by Hosts.Property Terms and Conditions. As a Camper, you will comply with all applicable property rules and regulations, and any laws, rules, regulations, and local ordinances, which are considered supplemental terms for any booking you make. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the settlement of all fees and charges incurred in reserving and/or using the property is to be made by you prior to your use and the booking shall not be considered guaranteed until written confirmation has been provided to you. You understand that a violation of property rules may result in cancellation of your booking(s), in you being denied access to any booking, or in you forfeiting any monies paid for such reservation(s). You hereby authorize Campanyon to debit or charge your account (via the method of payment associated with your account) for any costs we incur as a result of any such violation (including any property damage or physical injury you cause).Damage to property. As a Camper, you are responsible for leaving the property in the condition it was in when you arrived. You acknowledge and agree that, as a Camper, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions, as well as the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the property. You agree that Campanyon is authorized to immediately charge your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Campanyon hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required.Insurance. As a Camper, you are solely responsible to take out insurance. You are fully responsible for paying any damages to the property not covered by your insurance, as well as insurance deductibles, fees, expenses, liens, and fines arising out of your use or occupation of the property.
2. For hostsThe following terms apply only to Users in their role as a Host:Listings. As a Host, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any and all listings you post ("Listing"). Campanyon reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Listing for any reasonable reason.Contracting with Campers. When you accept a booking request or receive a booking through Campanyon, you are entering into a contract directly with the Camper and you are responsible for delivering the Service under the terms and at the price specified in your Listing.Cancellations. In general, if a Camper cancels a reservation, the amount paid to you is determined by Campanyon's cancellation policy. You can read more about Campanyon's cancellation policy in our FAQ here.As a Host, you should not cancel on a Camper without a valid reason.Compliance. You are responsible for understanding and familiarising yourself with the laws of your jurisdictions regulating the hiring out of private property for the relevant purpose. Some jurisdictions may require registration and/or certain licensing and permits. You are solely responsible for all such compliance. You represent and warrant that any Listing you post and any subsequent booking (and use) of a property: (i) will not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties, such as lease or rental agreements, and (ii) will (a) be in compliance with all applicable laws, tax requirements, and rules and regulations that may apply to any property (including having all required permits, licenses and registrations), and (b) not conflict with the rights of third parties.Insurance. Any agreement you enter into with a Camper is between you and the Camper and Campanyon is not a party thereto. As a Host, it is your sole responsibility to obtain appropriate insurance for your property and make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions to such insurance policy.Availability. You can set your own schedule of availability for your property. You are free to accept or reject prospective bookings. However, once a Camper makes a booking request, you cannot request the Camper to pay a higher price than in the booking request on the Website. Once you accept a booking or receive a booking through, you agree to fulfill that commitment to Campanyon and to the Camper, and you may not charge any Camper additional or supplemental fees for the booking.Relationship with Campanyon. Nothing in this Agreement is intended or shall be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, or employer-employee relationship between Campanyon and you as a Host. Your relationship with Campanyon is that of an independent individual or entity and not an employee or agent. You are solely responsible for filing all tax returns and submitting all payments as required by any federal, state, local, or foreign tax authority arising from payments to you under this Agreement. You will comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and foreign laws governing self-employed individuals, including laws requiring the payment of taxes, such as income and employment taxes, and social security, disability, and other contributions.
3. AccountsIf you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review new accounts before you may sign in and start using the Services. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our Services. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.If and as permitted by applicable law, we may, but have no obligation to:
4. User contentWe do not own any data, information, or material (collectively, "Content") that you submit on the Website in the course of using the Service. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use of all submitted Content. We may monitor and review the Content on the Website submitted or created using our Services by you. You grant us permission to access, copy, distribute, store, transmit, reformat, display, and perform the Content of your user account solely as required for the purpose of providing the Services to you. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right, though not the obligation, to, in our own sole discretion, refuse or remove any Content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable. You also grant us the license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, or distribute the Content created by you or stored in your user account for commercial, marketing or any similar purpose.
5. Fees and purchase termsThere are no fees for browsing or using our Website.However, if you make a booking, you shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. More information about fees can be found on our Hosting page.We reserve the right to change products and product pricing at any time. In the event that such change results in a negative effect for you, you shall be notified no later than two (2) months before the amendment comes into force.We use a third party payment provider to process payments (“Stripe”). By submitting your payment information to or through Stripe, you authorize us to charge the applicable payment method for your booking and any related fees or charges. You agree that we are authorized to immediately invoice your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Campanyon hereunder (including any damage you cause at or to a Property) and that no additional notice, authorization, or consent is required. By paying for a Service through Campanyon, you accept Stripe’s terms and conditions in force at any given time. We highly encourage you to read these, available at www.stripe.com.
6. Accuracy of informationOccasionally there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to promotions and offers. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, and to change or update information if any information on the Website or Services is inaccurate at any time.
7. BackupsWe perform regular backups of the Website and its Content and will do our best to ensure completeness and accuracy of these backups. In the event of the hardware failure or data loss we will restore backups automatically to minimize the impact and downtime.
8. RestrictionsWe also reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we will notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
9. Prohibited usesIn addition to other terms as set forth in the Agreement, you are prohibited from using the Website and Services or Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Website and Services, third party products and services, or the Internet; (h) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (i) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (j) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Website and Services, third party products and services, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Website and Services for violating any of the prohibited uses.
10. Intellectual property rights"Intellectual Property Rights" means all present and future rights conferred by statute, common law or equity in or in relation to any copyright and related rights, trademarks, designs, patents, inventions, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights to inventions, rights to use, and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection and any other results of intellectual activity which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world. This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by Campanyon or third parties, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Campanyon. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website and Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Campanyon or its licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website and Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of Campanyon or third-party trademarks.
11. Disclaimer of warrantyYou agree that such Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and that your use of the Website and Services is solely at your own risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error- free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service unless stated otherwise. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
12. Limitation of liabilityAlthough the Website and Services may link to other resources (such as websites, mobile applications, etc.), Campanyon is not liable for any such third-party content. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any resource which you access through a link on the Website and Services.To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Campanyon, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if the liable party has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the aggregate liability of Campanyon and its affiliates, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors relating to the services will be limited to an amount greater of one dollar or any amounts actually paid in cash by you to Campanyon for the prior one month period prior to the first event or occurrence giving rise to such liability. The limitations and exclusions also apply if this remedy does not fully compensate you for any losses or fails of its essential purpose.You agree to indemnify and hold Campanyon and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, suppliers and licensors harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your Content, your use of the Website and Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
13. SeverabilityAll rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
14. Dispute resolutionThe formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Norway without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Norway. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the courts located in Oslo, Norway.
15. AssignmentYou may not assign, resell, sub-license or otherwise transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent, which consent shall be at our own sole discretion and without obligation; any such assignment or transfer shall be null and void. We are free to assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party as part of the sale of all or substantially all of its assets or stock or as part of a merger.
16. Changes and amendmentsWe reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its terms relating to the Website and Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Website. When we do, we will send you an email to notify you. In the event that such an amendment results in a negative effect for you, you shall be notified no later than two (2) months before the amendment comes into force.
17. Acceptance of these termsYou acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Website and Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to access or use the Website and Services.
This document was last updated on 26-02-21